Monday, January 2, 2012

Gospel

I remember one night talking to my friend about salvation. It seemed to me that I must be a GOOD person and DO good things and then I would be saved. It wasn't until confronted with the Bible and my continued failure to be good that I started to rethink this. It still didn't seem to make sense. Even after I asked God to save me from my sins and come into my heart did I struggle with salvation by works. But God is good and HE never stops sharing HIS good news with us. So, with that in mind, I present the following verses for your prayerful consideration:

Deuteronomy 1:30 God goes before us to fight for us - therefore He wants to save
John 3:17 God did not send Jesus to this earth to condemn us but to save us
Romans 5:8 While we were still sinners, Jesus died for us
Romans 10:9 If we believe in our heart and confess with our mouth we ARE saved
Ephesians 2:8-9 We are saved by grace not be works

No comments: